Earning through Facebook apps – Case study – The Allen Solly End of Season sale
Brands have gone big on Facebook, and with more and more brands pushing out advertisements and content aggressively, the portal is becoming a huge market. So how does a fashion brand get people off the site to the stores and achieve a great ROI? Here’s an Allen Solly case study that proves the fact that if people love you on Facebook, they will go to the store and buy your products.
- Achieve the desired revenue target from Facebook.
- Launch the End of Season Sale on Facebook
- Increase footfalls at the store
Allen Solly had carried out the Facebook offers in April last year, when the option was in beta stage. Now, with the ‘Facebook Offers’ option of promotions costing a bomb, the brand took a more creative route to get those people to the stores.
A ‘scratch card’ Facebook application was created and uploaded on Facebook. Users would come to the application, scratch the card to win 30%, 35% and 40% off on the next purchase they carry out before 13 February, 2013. In a simple 4 step application:
1. Users had to scratch the card (which would reveal the discount percentage they receive)
2. Put in their names, email ids and contact numbers, and click on the submit button to receive the discount coupon in their inbox.
3. Once they submitted their details, a coupon was sent out to their ids that contained the details of the discount.
4. The coupon bearers then had to take a print of the coupons and take them to the store for redemption.
Advertisements were run to promote the application via social ads and promoted posts. The application and the promotions started on 5 January, 2013 and by 28 January, 2013, the target was more than achieved.
In 23 days, the application saw more than 8000 hits, of which, 3000+ users had claimed the coupon. The brand received an RoI* of 2190% on the total amount, which helped them achieve the desired targets. Also, while the brand achieved its desired target, it achieved another milestone with crossing the ‘1 Million fans’ mark on the touch-point.
*RoI: For every Rupee 1 that was put in the campaign, revenue of Rupees 2194 was generated at the store, and this was after the discount that was given to the coupon bearers.